Certification of asset management according to ISO 55001
Efficiently managing fixed and current assets with ISO 55001
What are assets?
In business, assets are fixed assets, property, capital investments, goods and real estate, but also other assets or competences, i.e. everything that is available to a company in terms of material and non-material resources.
What does ISO 55001 include?
The international ISO 55001 "Asset Management - Management Systems - Requirements" has created a uniform framework for coordinating and structuring financial, operational, maintenance, risk and other asset-related activities. Asset management deals with the entire life cycle of assets and affects the most diverse areas, functions and employees within an organisation.
The standard originated from the British standard PAS 55 and follows the approach of defining all tangible assets (machinery, equipment, buildings, infrastructure) or intangible assets (human capital, reputation) as individual assets and valuing them according to costs, performance and risks. Instruments for this can be based on different approaches, such as life cycle or risk potential analyses.
Essentially, the international standard is to be used primarily to
- Establish, implement, maintain and continuously improve a unified asset management (AM) system.
- Offer asset management activities and services
- Demonstrate compliance with legal, contractual and other binding requirements to internal and external stakeholders.
Who is ISO 55001 certification relevant for?
Especially in capital-intensive industries, where assets such as buildings, infrastructure or plants are crucial for sustainable performance and profitability, the globally valid DIN ISO 55001 standard can be applied.
This includes in particular:
- Energy service providers
- Infrastructure companies
- Logistics and industrial companies
- the utilities industry
The advantages of certification according to ISO 55001
Profit from a certified asset management system according to DIN ISO 55001 through many added values:
- You receive support in creating a uniform framework for a management system that enables you to manage the entire life cycle of your assets and unlock the value of your company's assets.
- You increase profitability and reduce costs associated with asset ownership
- improve customer satisfaction by meeting the needs and expectations of your customers
- Quicker and more transparent decision-making gives you more control and allows you to better meet your responsibilities in implementation
- More sustainability ensures longer life and therefore services that are fairly financed over several generations
What does ISO 55001 certification cost?
We calculate the costs for a certification according to DIN ISO 55001 individually. To provide us with the necessary data, simply fill out our online quotation form. The offer includes all costs for the certification in a clear form, if desired also including travel expenses.
There is no "small print" with us: apart from the fees payable to the competent authority, you will not incur any additional costs. If you are interested in our services, please do not hesitate to contact us. Our competent staff will be happy to assist you.
Can assets also be managed in an integrated way?
ISO 55001, like all current ISO management standards, is based on the High Level Structure and is therefore similar in structure to ISO 9001 and ISO 14001, among others. There are also parallels to the risk management standard ISO 31000. The topic of asset management can therefore be easily incorporated into an integrated management system in order to realise significant efficiency gains and secure the trust of stakeholders. Together with the dynamic development on the national and international markets, this leads to significantly increasing demand.
Why choose GUTcert for ISO 55001 certification?
GUTcert is one of the first certification bodies to undergo the DAkkS accreditation procedure for asset management. Of course, we also offer combined certification procedures individually tailored to your company - as a member of the AFNOR Group worldwide.