QM certifications for the aerospace industry according to EN 9100
The aerospace industry is at the forefront of a highly regulated market. Whether built for passenger transport, air cargo or military purposes, the extremely high safety and durability requirements apply to every link in the supply chain, no matter how small, which in turn involves an enormously diverse pool of suppliers and subcontractors.
The focus of this interdependence of companies and service providers is risk avoidance, quality control and conformity with safety regulations. That is why literally every single socio-economic fraction of the aviation industry is certified to the EN 9100/9110/9120 series.
For whom is EN 9100 relevant?
The standard builds on ISO 9001 and is supplemented by additional requirements from the aerospace industry. It is suitable for all companies in the supply chain, whereby EN 9100 refers to companies with the activities of production, maintenance and assembly work as well as development. The other standards in the series focus on pure maintenance organizations (EN 9110) or distributors and storage facilities (EN 9120).
What are the advantages of EN 9100?
The EN 9100 standard covers many legal requirements of the industry and thus contributes to the legal compliance of the certified company. Further advantages of an EN 9100 certification are:
- Access to the highly regulated market of aerospace companies
- Continuous improvement of product and service quality
- Cost optimization
- Increased delivery reliability
- Application of good practice
The Online Aerospace Supplier Information System (OASIS for short) serves as a registration platform and database for conducting audits. Before seeking certification, interested companies must be admitted here.
As soon as the management system is fully implemented in the company and the management review and internal audits have been carried out, the initial certification can start.
Whether certification of individual sites or campus structures, as an accredited certification body we can combine EN9100 certification with many other management system audits.
For example, we organize a parallel audit in environmental management according to ISO 14001, in energy management according to ISO 50001 or in the area of occupational health and safety according to ISO 45001. Our auditors are multi-qualified and can often audit several standards at the same time.
We calculate the cost of certification according to EN 9100 individually, depending on the complexity of the product, the data acquisition effort and the product portfolio. Please do not hesitate to contact us.
How does the certification of your EN 9100 work?
- Registration on the OASIS portal: In order to be certified according to EN9100, you have to register on the OASIS platform of the IAQG.
- Expense calculation: Contact us and we will provide you with a non-binding offer including a presentation of the necessary audit times.
- Introduction of the audit team: Personal contact is important to us. Before you start the audit, you will get to know your audit team to discuss further planning.
- Stage 1 audit: Every EN 9100 certification begins with a stage 1 audit. This serves to determine the certification readiness and takes place on site.
- Stage 2 certification audit: on-site inspection of processes and documentation as well as production facilities by the audit team
- Preparation of the audit report: At the latest 2 weeks after the on-site visit, you will receive a preliminary report with the audit findings.
- Certification decision: After closing all deviations, the audit documentation is checked in the certification body.
- Issue of the certificate: If the certification decision is positive, you will receive your certificate. EN 9100 certificates are always valid for 3 years and provide for annual review audits.
More info / guide
With our parent company AFNOR Certification we are an experienced partner in the execution of EN9100 certifications in all parts of the world also according to the sister standards JISQ 9100 and AS 9100, enabling us to provide certifications for globally positioned companies in the aerospace industry.
For more information, visit the AFNOR Certification website.
It is also worth visiting the website of the International Aerospace Quality Group (IAQG).