ISO 22716:2008 - Certification GMP Cosmetics
What is ISO 22716?
ISO 22716 is an internationally recognized standard for the cosmetics industry. The standard contains a guideline for the production, monitoring, storage and shipping of cosmetic products and provides recommendations for good manufacturing practice (GMP). GMP thus bundles guidelines for the quality assurance of production processes and environments for cosmetic products. The aim is to produce cosmetic products of the desired quality and thus, above all, to ensure a high level of health protection.
The EU Cosmetics Regulation requires that cosmetic products are manufactured in accordance with good manufacturing practice (GMP) and that this is documented (Article 8 EU Cosmetics Regulation). The internationally harmonized standard ISO 22716 is a good instrument to meet these requirements.
What are the advantages of certification according to ISO 22716?
- Reduced liability risk: With certification, you provide proof that you have done everything necessary to avoid or correct errors and protect yourself legally.
- Strengthened confidence among consumers and partners: Certification enables you to demonstrate to your customers and partners that you have complied with the legal standards and to position yourself on the market as a trustworthy manufacturer of safe, quality cosmetic products.
- Supply chain management: ISO 22716 certification provides credible evidence that you have reviewed and evaluated safety and quality policies throughout the supply chain of your cosmetic products.
- Increased business efficiency: By optimizing production processes, you can achieve your goals more reliably and more quickly.
For whom is ISO 22716 relevant?
The ISO 22716 standard is relevant to you if your company operates in one or more of the following areas:
- Production of cosmetic products
- Control of cosmetic products
- Storage of cosmetic products
- Shipping and transport of cosmetic good
The certification procedure according to ISO 22716 is based on the specifications of the International Organization for Standardization (ISO) and the specifications of the German Accreditation Body GmbH (DAkkS) for the certification of management systems DIN EN ISO/IEC 17021-1.
Details about the GUTcert certification process can be found here.
A certificate according to ISO 22716 is valid for three years. The certificate is maintained through annual review audits. After every three years, the ISO 22716 certification can be extended by a further three years through recertification.
The costs depend on the scope to be certified. This includes the size and activity of your company, i.e. the number of locations and employees. Please do not hesitate to contact us.
For a non-binding offer or further questions regarding certification according to ISO 22716, please do not hesitate to contact us at any time.
Although certification to ISO 22716 is a non-accredited procedure, it can be combined well with other standards, for example with quality management to ISO 9001 or environmental management to ISO 14001.
In principle, ISO management systems can always be linked well with one another: if the various requirements are combined in an integrated system approach, this minimizes the overall effort required to set up and maintain the entire management system.
Through process-oriented auditing of several management systems at the same time, various synergy effects can be used. Price advantages of up to 50% compared to the separate processing of the individual procedures are not uncommon. Combining audit dates, for example, reduces the time required to a single on-site audit, the duration of which is significantly shorter than the sum of the individual audits.
Whether integrated or combined - we will be happy to provide you with a non-binding offer.
Are you tired of waiting forever for audit reports? You want competent contact persons when it comes to the certification of your company? Or do you simply value new impulses for your company?
Don't wait until the new certification cycle: A change is also possible without any problems during the year for the review audit. With our change service, we support you in a few steps when changing from your existing certifier to GUTcert.
Why GUTcert for an ISO 22716 certification?
- Competent auditors: In Germany, we work with over 100 auditors, including industry experts for manufacturing and processing, logistics, trade and services. We will find the right auditor for your company.
- Internationally positioned: GUTcert is part of the Afnor-Group. With more than 1,800 auditors in over 100 countries, we offer you worldwide certification from a single source.
Fast and uncomplicated: We are the certification body of short distances. Your personal contact person accompanies you from the offer to the certificate handover. With commitment, creativity and conviction, our team is also available to you by telephone for questions at short notice.
- Audits with added value: An audit as an examination? We at GUTcert see audits as an opportunity. In addition to checking the ISO 9001 requirements, audits offer above all motivation and appreciation for the work of the quality team. We look at companies holistically and provide impulses for improvements. The positive feedback from our customers confirms this.
- Certification as a matter of trust: GUTcert strives for long-term partnerships with its customers, auditors and cooperation partners. Internationally established as well as small and medium-sized companies have been placing their trust in us for years. Please have a look at our references!