Supplier Audits and Evaluation
Supplier audits support companies in quality assurance and supplier development
The service provided by GUTcert
We take care of the planning, organization and administration of your entire audit program. You benefit from many years of experience in the certification of complex supply chains and the wealth of knowledge of our auditors.
The scope of the supplier audits depends on your requirements to your suppliers. Both an inspection "along the standard" (i.e. in accordance with an ISO standard, e.g. 9001, 14001 etc.) and according to individual criteria is possible. Tests regarding best practice standards (e.g. VDA, HACCP, GMP, etc.) of your branch of industry are also very common.
Why supplier audits?
- Minimizing risks and uncertainty with suppliers with regard to quality / environmental / labour standards (especially with suppliers abroad)
- Assuming social responsibility (social audit, CSR) in the supply chain
- Fulfilment of legal regulations and internal requirements
- Comparison (benchmark) and evaluation of existing or new suppliers
- The new international standard for sustainable procurement (ISO 20400) is also moving more and more companies to have their purchasing policies with suppliers independently reviewed
Supplier audits (or second party audits) support quality assurance and supplier development. Suppliers are tested according to existing standards (ISO standard) or specific customer standards; industry or sector standards are also regularly consulted for testing. If necessary, these standards are developed together with the customer during the audits.
- Determining the audit scope and criteria
- The content of the audit is determined together with the customer
- Basis for this are international standards (ISO standard), internal specifications or an existing industry standard
- Planning of the on-site audit at the supplier's premises
- We use a network of over 1,800 auditors worldwide
- The auditors are selected industry experts who know the country's culture and have the necessary language skills
- Conducting the audit at the supplier's premises
- Our auditors evaluate your suppliers on site on the basis of the prepared inspection catalogue
- Risks and potential for improvement are identified
- Improvement based on the audit report
- The audit report contains a comprehensive overview of possible risks and serves as a basis for possible improvements
- Report of conformity or non-conformity
No matter how different your demands for suppliers may be, each audit can be individually adapted to your requirements. A GUTcert audit means
- Decades of auditing experience – and as part of the AFNOR network, access to over 1,800 qualified auditors with industry knowledge in all branches of industry worldwide
- Trust in your supply chain: We systematically cover weak points, risks and potential for improvement in your supply chain
- Aiding decisions for initial cooperation and selection of suppliers
- Time and cost savings: Our competent auditors are quickly on site
We calculate the costs for a supplier audit individually according to the size of the company and the respective activities conducted at the locations. To send us the necessary data, simply fill out our online form. It clearly states all costs incurred for the audit, including travel costs if desired. There is no fine print or additional fees.