RSPO - Certification for sustainable palm oil according to RSPO Supply Chain Standard
What does RSPO mean?
- The development and implementation of global standards for sustainable palm oil
- Establish and promote minimum ecological, economic and social standards for the cultivation of oil palms.
- The involvement of all stakeholders along the entire supply chain
RSPO certification stands for the use of palm oil from sustainable sources along the entire supply chain. It is often an integral part of the CSR strategy of companies in food and feed production, oleochemicals and pharmaceuticals.
RSPO certification is based on minimum criteria defined by the WWF and RSPO and enables the identification of "sustainable palm oil". Starting with the certification of the palm oil plantation according to RSPO P&C (Principle & Criteria), the certification according to RSPO SCC (Supply ChainCertification) is continued for each further participant in the value chain. The further processing and refinement of products using palm oil or palm kernel oil is thus also covered by RSPO supply chain certification.
Supply chain models
The different supply chain models, identity assurance, segregation and mass balance place different demands on the traceability of the palm oil used.
- Traceability of the RSPO palm oil back to the individual, concrete plantation
- physical separation of IP certified oil palm products from non-certified oil palm products throughout the supply chain
- Traceability of sustainable palm oil to several certified plantations
- Mixing of IP and SG possible
- Physical separation of sustainable and conventional palm oil
- Controlled blending of certified and non-certified palm oil
- Based on quantity account
- The processed quantity of RSPO-certified palm oil must correspond to the purchased quantity of certified palm oil
Manufacturers and retailers can buy credits from RSPO-certified growers to encourage the production of sustainable oil palm products
Why is sustainable palm oil RSPO certified?
In recent years, palm oil has become the most important vegetable oil on earth. Almost every second product in the supermarket contains this natural raw material. On the other hand, palm oil, like no other vegetable product, is repeatedly criticized. In order to meet global demand, tropical rainforest areas are cleared, especially in Indonesia and Malaysia - with considerable consequences.
With an RSPO certification for sustainable palm oil, you can show that even more is being done for nature conservation and human rights on the plantations than is required by law. With consumers becoming increasingly aware of the sustainability of products, your company will also benefit from RSPO certification in corporate communications.
You would like to have your company certified according to RSPO?
We will be happy to provide you with an individual offer or answer any questions you may have. As a subsidiary of the AFNOR Group, we offer our services worldwide.
Wie läuft die RSPO Zertifizierung ab?
Für mehr Informationen klicken Sie auf die Grafik.